Silicon Valley Allergy and Asthma
2500 Hospital Drive, Bldg 14, Mountain View, CA 94040
Anjuli Mehrotra, MD
• Stay indoors as much as possible. Pollen levels are highest on dry and windy days, late
evenings and early mornings. You can check the local news or our website
http://www.siliconvalleyallergy.com for pollen counts.
• Keep windows to your house (especially the bedroom) closed at all times during pollen
• Use air conditioning to re-circulate indoor air. You can also use an air purifier system,
preferably with a HEPA filter.
• Keep the grass outside of the house short and minimize the number of trees/shrubs around
the house, if possible. Mowing should be done by a non-allergic family member.
• When going outside, wear sunglasses to reduce eye irritation caused by pollen.
• It is best to shower, wash hair, and change into clean clothes after being outside.
• Keep windows closed when driving and use air conditioning instead.
Tips for reducing pollen exposure
Phone (650) 701-7DOC, Fax (650) 515-3043